Girls Cricket Sydney
Cricket for Girls and Women is the fastest growing area of Australian Cricket with females making up 25% of cricket participants. Cricket is a safe, non-contact team sport. Inspired by Australia’s World Champion team, “The Southern Stars”, girls and women of all ages are getting involved in cricket.
Geoff Spotswood is a Level 3 cricket coach and current PDHPE teacher and Head of Department and has years of experience working in both public and private schools and co-ed and single sex systems. Geoff is sensitive to the differences in boys and girls learning styles having coached and taught different sporting skills to both sexes. Geoff has also been a volunteer coach of his own daughters’ sporting teams.
Geoff provides a wide variety of customised programs for girls providing competitive and social benefits while maintaining a high adherence to the Spirit of the Game. Every coaching session is based around having fun whilst developing and building skills and attributes such as confidence, team work, leadership whilst achieving personal bests.
Options for female cricket coaching sessions
- Private Coaching sessions – With a ratio of 1 coach to 2 players, the focus is on individual technique development for batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding. Session: 1 hour duration
- School Holiday Clinics – girls only groups can be coordinated in Geoff’s popular holiday clinic program
- Group coaching sessions – 4-6 players in each group coached on batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding. Session: 1 to 2 hours duration
- Cricket Day Camps – a great way for local clubs to raise awareness about female participation and playing options to help grow their membership base. The day involves a morning of skills and activities followed by a “World Cup” competition in the afternoon whereby the girls can put their new skills into practice. Day camps are suitable for girls up to age 18 of all abilities.
- Team, school or club coaching sessions – tailored to the specific needs of the group. Every session is adjusted to meet the needs of the individual players and adapted accordingly to suit all ranges of abilities and ages. Session: 2 hours
Features of our female cricket coaching programs
- Our sessions are great for improving all round fitness and developing skills that can be applied to other sports.
- All of our coaches are Cricket Australia accredited, have first aid qualifications and current Working with Children clearance. Coaches >
- Sessions are conducted at convenient locations throughout Sydney. Venues >
“After years of watching her brother play, my daughter Lily decided she would like to try cricket. I called Geoff to see if he could help get her started. We decided that the best option for her would be a pre-season training before we committed to a whole season of cricket.
Lily completed her first 10 session program and absolutely loved it, she went on to play the spring and summer comp. Lily has gone from strength to strength and with Geoff’s great direction and patience she has become a confident young cricketing woman.
We couldn’t be happier that our daughter has embraced the love of the game.
Thanks Geoff!” – More testimonials »
Our private cricket coaching venues & times
Tyron Oval Nets
Tyron Road, Lindfield
7:30 – 8:30am
8:30 – 9:30am
Bernie Mullane Reserve Cricket Nets
Marella Ave, Kellyville
7:45 – 8:45am
8:45 – 9:45am
5:00 – 6:00pm
(October to March)
Kingsford Smith Oval Cricket Nets
Kenneth St, Longueville
4:00 – 5:00pm
NORTH TURRAMURRA (NT)
Nth Turramurra Recreational Area Cricket Nets
Bobbin Head Road, Nth Turramurra
Mondays & Wednesdays
4:00 – 5:00pm
(April to September)
5:00 – 6:00pm
(October to March)
Sydney Girls Cricket Coaching
Geoff Spotswood is an expert cricket coach (Level 3) and leading educator who coaches all cricketers from young beginners to adult players. He is also one of the few sportsmen who have played first grade cricket and rugby league.
The cricket coaching programs Geoff conducts are well respected and highly regarded. Many current Cricket NSW and Australian representatives have been guided and mentored by Geoff including Steve and Mark Waugh. Geoff uses his unique cricket coaching program which has assisted experienced players from Australia and overseas to develop their game.
Geoff also runs school holiday cricket clinics in locations throughout Sydney where young cricketers can learn and develop their skills in a safe and friendly environment. Additionally, Geoff’s accredited and friendly coaches can organise fun filled cricket and sport themed games at your child’s birthday party and bring all the equipment needed.