School holiday cricket clinics North Shore
July school holiday cricket coaching clinics.
Click to read important message here »
Geoff Spotswood’s school holiday cricket clinics are a great opportunity for your children to have fun, learn new skills and develop game awareness in multiple sports. All Geoff’s cricket coaching clinics encourage children to challenge themselves and make new friends in a safe and inclusive environment.
Relax knowing your children are well supervised, learning and active under the control of highly experienced teachers and accredited coaches.
Coaching clinic activities are designed by Geoff Spotswood to assist children to learn the correct techniques, have fun and engage actively with other children.
Clinics are open to girls and boys 6 to 14 years. Our experienced player cricket coaching clinics are open to girls and boys 10-16 years.
School Holiday Cricket Coaching Clinics
September / October 2021
Dates coming soon. Please check back regularly.
What to expect at our holiday cricket coaching clinics
Each clinic follows a similar format which provides an exciting and fun-filled program for every kid regardless of age or experience. You don’t have to be good at cricket or have any cricket experience to have a great time.
- Registration and welcome
- Introductory activities until all children arrive
- Head coach introduces the coaches & children’s grouping
- Discussion of clinic safety procedures:
- Sunscreen application, hats compulsory, hydration
- Supervision, morning tea and lunch breaks
- Explanation of clinic expectations:
- Enjoy yourself
- Try your best
- Play by the rules
- Be kind and thoughtful of others
- Accept coach’s decisions
- Be a team player
- Coach will teach each aspect of cricket then actively engage children in skill practice and games to develop and practise the skill taught
- On the first day of each clinic, groups will cover batting, bowling and fielding techniques
- Bowling machine sessions, nets sessions and video analysis will usually occur on first two days
- Skills covered in clinic include:
- Batting – back & front foot shots, building an innings, batting against spin, running between wickets, batting scenarios
- Bowling – run up, gather, release and follow through; fast (swing & cut) and spin (leg & off spin), line & length
- Wicket keeping
- Fielding – catching (slips, short & outfield), throwing, defensive & attacking fielding
- Catching tennis
- Cross fire
- Diamond cricket
- Runner vs thrower
- Sticky Wicky
- Pull shot game
- Fielding soccer
- Catching competitions
- Driving cricket game
- Dual Pitch cricket
- Ace, Queen, King catching game
Final Day of Clinic
On the final day of clinics, kids are organised into teams for a World Cup of matches.
This is an exciting way to conclude clinics and all players look forward to these matches.
Older players are given the responsibility to captain & develop their leadership skills whilst assisting younger children in understanding how to play cricket.
Parents and family are welcome to attend these games.
There is a presentation at the conclusion of clinics where all players are presented with an individual report by their coach giving feedback on areas of strength & areas to focus on for further development. Parents and family are encouraged to attend presentations.
These are awards made to deserving players in each group and are based on:
- Positive attitude
Photographs may be taken during clinics but will only be used for Geoff Spotswood coaching promotions.
Pre and Post Clinic Supervision
Pre and post clinic supervision will be offered at some clinics but spaces will be limited and allocated on a first come booking basis.
Parents can register children as follows:
- With a friend, in groups or teams (“mates rates” discounts available)
- For every day of the clinic or casual day(s). Casual days still provide significant benefits if the children are unavailable for the whole clinic
- All online registrations will receive an email confirming clinic place & information
- Bookings are accepted right up to the first day of clinic & during clinic (casual days)
- Kids are grouped by age and have the same coach throughout clinic
- Friends can request to be together in same group
- Dedicated girls group(s)
- Staff to child ratio is 1:10
What to wear/bring to the clinic
- Shirt, shorts/track pants, training shoes
- Light lunch, morning tea & water bottle
- Cricket kit (bat, gloves, pads, helmet, thigh guard, protector)
- Equipment will be supplied free of charge, if needed
“I would like to say a huge Thank you to every-one involved in this July holiday cricket camp. My son Joshua absolutely LOVED it and burst into the door each day to tell us what he had done or learnt that day. Thank you once again for all your time and effort and for the comprehensive and useful assessment report. ” – More testimonials »
Our holiday cricket coaching venues
Note : Venues vary every school holidays.
Tryon Road, Lindfield
Oval No. 2 (Bon Andrews Oval)
Fig Tree Lane, North Sydney
Kingsford Smith Oval Cricket Nets
Kenneth St, Longueville
Berry Cricket Field
Hassell St, St Ives
Sydney Cricket Coaching
Geoff Spotswood is an expert cricket coach (Level 3) and leading educator who coaches all cricketers from young beginners to adult players. He is also one of the few sportsmen who have played first grade cricket and rugby league.
The cricket coaching programs Geoff conducts are well respected and highly regarded. Many current Cricket NSW and Australian representatives have been guided and mentored by Geoff including Steve and Mark Waugh. Geoff uses his unique cricket coaching program which has assisted experienced players from Australia and overseas to develop their game.
Geoff also runs school holiday cricket clinics in locations throughout Sydney where young cricketers can learn and develop their skills in a safe and friendly environment. Additionally, Geoff’s accredited and friendly coaches can organise fun filled cricket and sport themed games at your child’s birthday party and bring all the equipment needed.