Children’s Cricket Coaching Clinics & Private Lessons
Our kid’s private cricket coaching academy teaches on-going player technique development and improvement in all areas with each session tailored to the player’s needs. Cricket training sessions are conducted by Geoff Spotswood, a Level 3 cricket coach (Cricket Australia). Geoff’s cricket coaching sessions are held at convenient locations throughout Sydney (see venues). Private coaching is open to girls and boys aged 5 to 18 years.
The features of our kids cricket coaching programs
Cricketers at Geoff Spotswood’s Coaching Academy are given every opportunity to achieve their potential through his unique coaching methodologies which are consistently delivered by Geoff’s experienced and expert Cricket Australia accredited coaches and teachers. Private coaching develops young players understanding of cricket and improves their confidence.
Private cricket coaching program includes:
- Technique development in batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding
- Specific batting, bowling and fielding drills, along with skills practices designed to cater for each individual player
- Individual error detection and correction
- Ball machine coaching
- Video analysis
- An individual report on his/her progress
- Coach to Player ratio of 1:2
- 1 hour lessons
“Alex had a great day at cricket today. Came in at first drop after the opener (our best batsman) was bowled on the first delivery of the day. Alex batted for 20 overs and was forced to retire on 40. He didn’t look like getting out and it was his highest score ever by far. Lots of fist pumps as he walked off. Thank again for everything you and your coaches have done in such a short amount of time. There is no better feeling than watching your son play sport with confidence and enjoyment.” – More testimonials »
Organisation of our private cricket coaching sessions
- Sessions are booked in blocks of ten (10) providing positive and long-lasting improvements in technique, skills and game awareness.
- Sessions can commence any time of the year and are not based on school terms. Coaching will continue over holiday periods.
- One make-up session (per block of ten sessions) may be re-scheduled provided sufficient advance notification is received.
- Make-up sessions are to be booked at a different session to the existing sessions.
- Payment for the ten sessions can be made in full online or at the child’s first session. Book and pay online now »
- Private cricket coaching lessons are run throughout Sydney. Check venues »
“Thanks so much for helping Alex. He loved the session with you on Friday and was keen to put into practice what you showed him. He played today, so I thought I’d let you know how he went. First innings he kept wickets so didn’t get a bowl, but did a great job. The oval was in poor condition (long grass) with poor value for shots. Opposition scored 66 off their 25 overs. When it came time to bat, he looked really good. A parent who knows his cricket noticed his new more upright batting stance and commented how good he looked.” – More testimonials »
Cricket coaching fees and registration
- Coach to player ratio 1:2
- 10 x 1 hour lessons
- Discounts apply for multiple children attending a session when booked as a group
|2 or 3 children|
$745 for each child
|4 or more children|
$720 for each child
BOOK NOW »
What to wear/bring to private coaching sessions
- Shirt, shorts/track pants, training shoes
- Cricket kit (bat, gloves, pads, helmet, thigh guard, protector)
- Equipment will be supplied free of charge if required
Our private cricket coaching venues & times
Tyron Oval Nets
Tyron Road, Lindfield
4:00 – 5:00pm
7:30 – 8:30am
8:30 – 9:30am
9:30 – 10:30am
4:00 – 5:00pm
Bernie Mullane Reserve Cricket Nets
Marella Ave, Kellyville
8:00 – 9:00am
NORTH TURRAMURRA (NT)
Nth Turramurra Recreational Area Cricket Nets
Bobbin Head Road, Nth Turramurra
4:00 – 5:00pm
Kingsford Smith Oval Cricket Nets
Kenneth St, Longueville
4:00 – 5:00pm
Sydney Kids Cricket Coaching
Geoff Spotswood is an expert cricket coach (Level 3) and leading educator who coaches all cricketers from young beginners to adult players. He is also one of the few sportsmen who have played first grade cricket and rugby league.
The cricket coaching programs Geoff conducts are well respected and highly regarded. Many current Cricket NSW and Australian representatives have been guided and mentored by Geoff including Steve and Mark Waugh. Geoff uses his unique cricket coaching program which has assisted experienced players from Australia and overseas to develop their game.
Geoff also runs school holiday cricket clinics in locations throughout Sydney where young cricketers can learn and develop their skills in a safe and friendly environment. Additionally, Geoff’s accredited and friendly coaches can organise fun filled cricket and sport themed games at your child’s birthday party and bring all the equipment needed.