School holidays sports programs held on Sydney’s North Shore.
We are excited to launch an Active Sports clinics to be held at various locations throughout the North Shore this July 2019 school holidays.
These clinics will provide opportunities for children to participate in a variety of sports. Your child may love playing sport but can’t pick a favourite or wish to try different sports to see which one they like best.
About our Active Sports program
The school holiday cricket clinics are a great opportunity for your children to have fun, learn new skills and develop game awareness. All Geoff’s clinics encourage children to challenge themselves and make new friends in a safe and inclusive environment.
Relax knowing your children are well supervised, learning and active under the control of highly experienced teachers and accredited coaches.
Coaching clinic activities are designed by Geoff Spotswood to assist children to learn about values of sportsmanship and teamwork. Children also have fun and engage actively with other children.
Clinics are open to girls and boys aged from 5 to 12 years.
Sports covered in our program :
- Football (soccer)
- Touch football
- Touch Football
- Gross motor skills
Active Sports Clinic Dates
Active Kids – Multisport Clinics
Mona Vale Rd, St Ives
Google Map »
Monday 15 July
Tuesday 16 July
9am – 12 noon
Ages: 6 to 12 year old boys & girls
Price: 2 day clinic – $100
One day casual price: $60
Group Bookings: groups of 2 or more $95 & groups of 4 or more $90
No group bookings on casual day fees
What to expect at our holiday cricket coaching clinics
Each clinic follows a similar format which provides an exciting and fun-filled program for every kid regardless of age or experience. You don’t have to be good at sport or have any experience to have a great time.
- Registration and welcome
- Introductory activities until all children arrive
- Head coach introduces the coaches & children’s grouping
- Discussion of clinic safety procedures:
- Sunscreen application, hats compulsory, hydration
- Supervision, morning tea and lunch breaks
- Explanation of clinic expectations:
- Enjoy yourself
- Try your best
- Play by the rules
- Be kind and thoughtful of others
- Accept coach’s decisions
- Be a team player
- Coaches will teach each sport skills then actively engage children in skill practice and games to develop and practise the skill taught
- On the first day of each clinic, groups will cover a variety of sports with all sports covered over the course of the clinic
- Where there is a significant interest in a particular sport, there will be opportunities to devote more time to that sport
- Children will be given a written report at the conclusion of the clinic
Final Day of Clinic
On the final day of clinics, kids are organised into teams for a World Cup of matches.
This is an exciting way to conclude clinics and all players look forward to these matches.
Older players are given the responsibility to captain & develop their leadership skills whilst assisting younger children in understanding how to play cricket.
Parents and family are welcome to attend these games.
There is a presentation at the conclusion of clinics where all players are presented with an individual report by their coach giving feedback on areas of strength & areas to focus on for further development. Parents and family are encouraged to attend presentations.
These are awards made to deserving players in each group and are based on:
- Positive attitude
Photographs may be taken during clinics but will only be used for Geoff Spotswood coaching promotions.
Pre and Post Clinic Supervision
Pre and post clinic supervision will be offered at some clinics but spaces will be limited and allocated on a first come booking basis.
Parents can register children as follows:
- With a friend, in groups or teams (“mates rates” discounts available)
- For every day of the clinic or casual day(s). Casual days still provide significant benefits if the children are unavailable for the whole clinic
- All online registrations will receive an email confirming clinic place & information
- Bookings are accepted right up to the first day of clinic & during clinic (casual days)
- Kids are grouped by age and have the same coach throughout clinic
- Friends can request to be together in same group
- Dedicated girls group(s)
- Staff to child ratio is 1:10
What to wear/bring to the clinic
- Shirt, shorts/track pants, training shoes
- Light lunch, morning tea & water bottle
- Equipment will be supplied free of charge, if needed
“I would like to say a huge Thank you to every-one involved in this July holiday cricket camp. My son Joshua absolutely LOVED it and burst into the door each day to tell us what he had done or learnt that day. Thank you once again for all your time and effort and for the comprehensive and useful assessment report. ” – More testimonials »
Sports School Holiday Clinics North Shore
Geoff Spotswood is an expert cricket coach (Level 3) and leading educator who coaches all cricketers from young beginners to adult players. He is also one of the few sportsmen who have played first grade cricket and rugby league.
The cricket coaching programs Geoff conducts are well respected and highly regarded. Many current Cricket NSW and Australian representatives have been guided and mentored by Geoff including Steve and Mark Waugh. Geoff uses his unique cricket coaching program which has assisted experienced players from Australia and overseas to develop their game.
Geoff also runs school holiday cricket clinics in locations throughout Sydney where young cricketers can learn and develop their skills in a safe and friendly environment. Additionally, Geoff’s accredited and friendly coaches can organise fun filled cricket and sport themed games at your child’s birthday party and bring all the equipment needed.